background

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Mateo 28 months

This was another big month. Not only was grandma here for 3 weeks, but Mateo became a big brother! He is a good big brother. He likes to give his sister kisses and hold her for no longer than 10 seconds. He always checks where she is hanging out and double checks when we go out that she is going with us. He still has a hard time with her name, but we know who he is talking about.

Poor kid has been inside more this month than the past few months. He LOVES being outside, even if it is cold and raining.

His vocabulary is exploding. Every day I am hearing new words. I feel like I am reliving my past. I am his interpreter, like I was my brother's when he was young. I know what Mateo is trying to say or what words he says for certain things.

He loves all things to do with transportation. Cars, trains, busses, trucks, bikes, boats and planes (He love the movie by that name). He also loves monkeys and elephants. Surprising in how many things they appear. We even bought a monkey and an elephant chocolate at the bakery.

Mateo is capable of sleeping in a normal bed, but he basically decides to do whatever the opposite is of what we want. If we put him in the crib, he wants to climb out, if he is in the big bed, he asks to sleep in the crib...I guess that is basically how everything is with him at this stage. He wants to be the boss.

Eating has been totally off.  One day he eats 3 pieces of toast, the next day he won't touch it. Yesterday he didn't want yogurt, today he had it for snack, lunch and took one out after dinner. GRRRR....I try not to be frustrated and forcing him doesn't work. Tricking him only works some times and takes so much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)