background
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Dreams!
I always am a major dreamer, but it's even worse since being pregnant! The things and people that come up shock me. And the stories that are created are SO realistic, but with an unrealistic twist! I often get people/places from the 2 continents mixed up and am so disappointed to wake up and find that I'm not there or my family and friends aren't here. Here is a bit of an explaination according to babycenter.com... Why are my dreams more vivid and memorable now? Dreams are like funhouse mirrors that reflect your emotional state. And since pregnancy can feel like an emotional roller coaster, it's not surprising if your dreams are more vivid and crazy than usual. A boost in the hormone progesterone during pregnancy could be a factor in creating those emotional ups and downs If you're remembering more dreams than usual, you can chalk that up to pregnancy too. Most people remember only an occasional dream, even though we all dream every night. But pregnant women are typically up and down all night, prodded by bladder pressure, anxiety, and other pregnancy sleep disturbances. The more often your sleep is interrupted, the more likely you are to wake up during with a dream fresh in your mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I was pregnant I had a lot of dreams, three of them even came true. It was really strange! One concerned my brother, Jason. Basically that a girl was going to take him to a dark place and I couldn't help him (there was a lot more to it) Another was that a guy I knew started going back to church (He came back the next week!!!) And the last was I saw my sisters dog get hit, but didn't die. I told her I dreamed it, and a few days later, it happened!
ReplyDelete