I am just *slightly* annoyed. Not only was I at the hospital (simple appointment and bloodwork) for 2.5 hours, but the doctor said my amount of weigh gain is 'unacceptable' and that was after the nurse already had chided me about it. I already had been feeling sensative about it, but people are telling me 'eat for 2' and I say that it doesn't work that way and felt that I haven't been overboard, but I did know that I had a 'few extras' during the holidays, but still didn't feel it deserved this response.
Apparently I have gained 3.5 kilos in 5 weeks (but I'm sure I weighed without boots last time and today I had them on!)...but without being pregnant, I gained that much when I visited home last summer :S
Whatever! Thankfully I was already aware of this issue and today was Day 1 of my 'diet' and I joined babyfit.com (the pregnancy site for sparkpeople.com). Day 1 was good and I had 10 glasses of water, which is one of my daily goals. My other goals are to exercise more, eat less sugar and have 2 fruits/day.
I'm going to find a pregnancy yoga class and I guess at 25 weeks I am sent to some pregnancy gymnastics. My goal is to not gain anything until after my next appointment (Feb 7).
In other news, everything is looking good and I had another ultrasound. It looks like a BABY now!
:( sorry, I doubt you have gained THAT much!
ReplyDeleteYay! For looking like a baby now!
Like I said, ignore those evil Belgian doctors. :P I want to see pics! :D Awesome for you!
ReplyDeleteWell, it's hard not to gain while on holidays, even if you're not preggo. Don't worry about it.
ReplyDeleteBUT, I do have to say, that with Kendra, I gained 50 lbs, and kept telling myself that I was eating for 2 and was allowed all the treats I wanted, and that it would all come off post-baby. Now, for some people, it does all come off post baby, for me though it didn't, and I still carry around extra weight that I've been unable to lose from her pregnancy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with watching what you eat and being active and trying your best to keep that weight gain in check. You'll feel better for it, and your baby will as well. :) But, that being said, don't be afraid to indulge here and there. Pregnancy cravings can be killer, so it's better to satisfy them a little instead of denying and denying and then binging. :) Good luck and congrats again!!!!