background

Thursday, January 24, 2013

18 Months

It was Mateo's half birthday yesterday. I thought of having a party (same story as his 6 month birthday), but just didn't get around to it. I was even thinking of making cupcakes or a cake, but this cold killed all movitation.

Here is his updated weight/height. I was sure last time we measured he was 87 cm, but I can never do it as precise as the doctor.

12.8 kilogram = 28.219 lb

85 centimeter = 33.464 in

He seems to have a longer upper body and shorter legs. In general he would be a size 86 (which matches his height), but pants that size are too long, so he is still mainly in 80 and even a few 74's. His tops are 86/92. So he is actually right now, seemingly, normal.

His feet grew finally, so he is wearing 21's/5, but I think Crocs must run small, because he is wearing a 6 and 7 from there.

Mateo gave me hugs this week! He is NOT a cuddly guy, but I am trying to 'train' him to give hugs. I put his arms around my neck and talk to him. He finally left his arms there and was hugging me. It was so sweet.

This morning I said "Where is your baba?" and he repeated "Baba," So that could be another word he can say.

The throwing issue is a *little* bit better.

He copies so many things that we do. I laugh all the time at what he notices and how he tries to repeat it. Yesterday, for example, his toy rolled uner the the couch, so I took the broom and stuck it under to push the toy out. Later in the evening, he was laying on the ground, sticking the broom under the couch.

A very good part of this imitating phase is that he likes to 'help.' So when we clean up, if he sees me putting things away, he starts putting things away. When I unload the dishwasher, he takes things and puts them in the cabinets or hands them to me and when we put the laundry on the heating to dry, he takes all the socks and puts them on the heater for me.

His hair is finally growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)