background

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

17 months

Mateo turned 17 months right before Christmas, so his post is once again delayed.
He received this t-shirt from his Canadian relatives. I love it! He was singing and later I gave him daddy's microphone, but I didn't get a photo of that. This is a typical face of his. He loves to 'sing' when he hears music and when he knows we are watching him. We are his biggest fans of course.

Words
Mama, baba (papa), dag (day/bye in Dutch), kijk (look), uh-oh

He responds very well to "num-num" and "bye-bye." The first he will go to his high chair or come from whatever he is doing and the 2nd he will head to the door and try to find his shoes and jacket.

Eating
He is still a good eater. Not a fan of cheese, but he eats it sometimes. Mandarines are his favorite. I wonder how many he would eat if I let him have as many as he wants. Thankfully they are small and healthy. I think he eats about 4 a day. 

He is doing very well feeding himself. We are getting to the point where he prefers to do it alone, rather than me doing it.

Something we are having a little problem with is that he likes to throw his things and as soon as he is done or not getting enough attention he starts throwing his food/spoon/dish, whatever he can find.

Throwing
I figuring this should be a paragraph to itself, because it is something we deal with all day. Maybe he will be in the MLB some day and I will remember these times. Whenever he is frustrated, he picks up the first things his hand finds and he hurls it across the room. He broke a vase at our aunts this way and a few dishes at home.

He also likes to throw for fun. If he sees us toss something in the laundry basket, he wants to toss something also.

This means he is a fan of balls. Daddy likes to play with him inside with balls, but it is hard to teach him what is ok to throw and what not. Today Mateo was throwing his ball at my frames and cheering when he hit one. Of course, if I say more, the more he wants to do it...

Sleeping
That wonderful morning nap is almost over. I think 5/7 days he just has 1 nap,  which means evenings are more challenging. He normally sleeps 12 hours a night and normally sleeps through (besides the past 4 days of course).

Other
What I love to watch/hear is Mateo imitating what he sees or hears. It is so cute! I love watching him hang out with his cousins, because he learns so much and tries so hard to do what they do. I think he will be like his daddy and good with music/languages, because it seems that he is pretty good at mimicking sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)