background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

26/27 weeks *warning* long post

"Us 3"
I would like to frame some of these photos. We went to the beach in Nederland with the family. 25.5 weeks
Wearing all 'normal' clothes. I love the skirt mom sent!
Everything is still going good. I went to the doctor yesterday and everything was fine. It was a new doctor that neither of us really liked. She did not have much personality and did not explain much. Last time the ultrasound was fascinating, because we could see so many details, this time we were lost. It was mainly FUZZ! Only one time could we clearly see an arm and hand. One thing was a little strange. She said I needed to do another urine test, because sometimes there can be an infection without symptoms. While I was in the bathroom, my hubby asked the woman doing the test if this was normal and she said, 'no' and that maybe the doctor saw something? I will know if the lab calls that something is up.

Only ultrasound photo. Nearly 27 weeks. Baby is looking to the right.The baby's room is almost done. Hubby FINALLY sorted through his stuff in there. We threw away a black garbage back of junk and have 3 full banana boxes for the container park. It is nearly ready for our guests and then the baby (and GRANDMA!).

I did my measurements and was happy with them. I am nearly the same everywhere, except my belly of course. I seem to have quite a stomach, but I think the whole extra 6.5 kilos are deposited there.

I was thinking that I am not really having cravings, but the one thing I LOVE is tuna sandwiches. I have always liked them, but I think I have had one every day for the past 2 weeks. A plus is that it takes a few seconds to make one. Pre-sliced bread, pre-made tuna salad, pre-sliced pickles and hopefully fresh sprouts. Yum! I also have had cornflakes with sliced banana and 2 Splendas nearly every day this week.

4 comments:

  1. Wow things must sure be different there than in America. You should only consume tuna 2x per week and 1x per week if pregnant. Pickles- loaded with sodium so talk about water retention. Splenda- must not be worried about birth defects. Sounds like you need to come back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to get an article today saying that I pregnant ladies should eat enough fish, up to 12oz tuna/week (2 meals). I do not think my tuna salad is as much as eating a piece of tuna for dinner. Just to be safe, I did not eat any today.

    I have no problem up till now with water retention (I try to drink 10 glasses of water a day and stay active).

    And I have not read anything to convince me to stop using fake sugar. I choose it as the lesser of the 2 evils...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucralose (Splenda) is not well absorbed and is excreted unchanged. Splenda is the only artificial sugar substitute that is made from sugar. It is 600 times sweeter than sugar. Splenda or sucrolose is often used in baked goods, soft drinks, chewing gum, frozen dairy desserts, fruit juices and gelatins. One of the unique attributes of sucralose is that it can be used virtually like sugar without losing any of its sugar-like sweetness, even in applications that require exposure to high temperatures. Therefore, it can be used in baked products as well. More than 100 studies over 20 years have found no link between splenda and any health problems. It can be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.asp?id=414&page=2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pictures! I'm very jealous that you're having such nice weather. My dad and i decided its cause you are getting all the radiation from Japan. :P
    Your cravings are not the least bit worrisome! Pray over your food and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)