background

Thursday, September 19, 2013

33 weeks

Time for another update. I keep wanting to post more bump photos, but they are harder to take with the 2nd than with the first. Why? I think I figured it out. With Mateo I seemed to have more energy. At this point in the pregnancy, it was also summer, which meant more light, so there were more opportunities for hubby to snap a few shots. Nowadays, I basically jump out of bed, throw on whatever and take hubby to the train. Later in the day I get around to putting on a normal outfit and doing my hair.

It is suddenly hitting us that we are almost there! Some people have their babies unexpectedly 4 or 5 weeks early. That means in a few weeks we could have a little one! I hope she stays put a while longer. My mom is supposed to arrive the 1st of November, so it would be perfect if she was here to help out with M when the little one is born.

I feel pretty ready, all things considered. Some example birth announcements arrived in the mail today and I like the one and can order online some matching tags for the boxes. I just need to go get some boxes and fill them with candy. It is a project for October I decided.

I sleep basically every day. When Mateo takes a nap, I take a nap, even if it is only 10:30. I NEED more sleep. I do not remember this with Mateo, being soooooo exhausted.

Yesterday I told someone I now really feel pregnant. I think I started waddling.

We got some frustrating news a few days ago from our insurance. Apparently I did not work enough hours to get my maternity leave! This was a very unpleasant surprise. I went today to try to talk to them and it did not go well. I was literally boiling after talking to them. I called hubby and we contacted another office and will go tomorrow. There is a chance they can recalculate including the time I have been home and then I can start being paid in October. It will still be 2 months less, but at least it will be more than €0.  I am trying not to think too much about it, because I can not do much about it today.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Yes, The waddle! I am there with you :) I will be praying the maternity leave gets worked out and you get paid.

    ReplyDelete

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)