background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sick Day

Monday I woke up not feeling too great and by the evening I was feeling awful. Sore throat (which I absolutely hate!), runny nose and a splitting headache. Normally the first day is the worst and after that I feel like, but just blow my nose 1000x. Mateo was ok, but in the night it started for him. It was so sad to hear him choking and making horrible sounds while trying to breathe.

I felt so bad for the little guy, but he was/is such a trooper. No crying! Only during his nap was he crying a bit in his sleep. My SIL brought us food and then went to buy saline solution to squirt up his nose to clean it out. We did that and it really helped. Of course it was awful for him, but he does not know that it helps him. I did it before bed and this morning. He slept 13 hours (with feedings of course thrown in there)! Monday night seemed like 2 hours...Here he is using his thermometer for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are feeling better! It's nice to have family around isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you've read this far down, leave a comment to let me know :)