This month's letter is for Liora. I realized I hadn't updated her FB album since her first birthday! Oops. Yesterday Liora turned 17 months.
| Loving her outfit and hair... |
I think she is purposely deciding not to walk. It is NOT that she's not capable. She takes now about 8 steps then sits or lets herself fall. She sneaks up the stairs whenever possible and has now mastered climing on and off of the couch. Including climbing from it onto the end table and over onto the other couch. I also caught her one time ON the keyboard. Shhh, don't tell her daddy. That she managed to do by climbing on the amp, to the chair, and up again.
Right now she's in a stage where she is copying up a lot. We all find it pretty funny. Especially sounds. But also movements. If she sees me shaking my finger, she beings.
She is getting more apt with clothing. She knows that shirts goes on her head and shoes on her feet. She tries in her way to dress herself. I think she's going to be pretty girly in this area. She already likes to have things on her feet. Socks, slippers, shoes. If it falls off, she brings it and sticks her foot out. She also will put things around her neck, like a shirt or blanket. Either it brings her comfort or she thinks it's a scarf or necklace. She likes to play with hats, but not really leave them on. I guess that's normal. I'm tickled anytime she leaves an elastic in her hair for more than a few minutes.
Most of the time I let her feed herself. Especially since I read it's good for them. Mostly she does pretty well. Of course, she and the floor are a mess after, but I don't mind. It means I can enjoy my food and then help her when I'm finished.
The past few days Liora has enjoyed exploring the lawn. It is so cute to see! She goes in the playhouse, stands at the fence to watch neighbors' cats, she then goes to her little slide and then comes in and checks what I'm doing.
I'm afraid the time of two naps per day are nearly over...it was great while it lasted :) But no complaints from me. She sleeps 12+ uninerrupted hours per night.
This is going to be an exciting month for Liora. She gets to meet her great-grandma for the first time! And then she will go to daycare for two weeks. I'm sure she's going to love it.
| Playing outside a few weeks ago |
| She can clearly communicate her wants... |
| Putting her shirt on |
| New tricks: unrolling the toilet paper, climing on the toilet |
| For some reason I like this one... |
| Little lovies |
| 17 months! Taking a few steps |
Love the picture of your feet all together!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe feet picture and toilet one are my favorite! I think a lot of babies do that when it comes to walking... they make up their mind and walk when they want to. Hehehe... Asher ate solids for the first time yesterday (just turned 6 mo). I let him feed himself, but i didn't know it was good for him! Now i do. :)
ReplyDeleteAwww! She is adorable! I love the little feet picture, too. I let my girls feed themselves from the get go and although it's terribly messy at first, they learn quickly and don't stay messy for long.
ReplyDeleteOh she is at such a great age. Really learning her independence. Cute, cute, cute!
ReplyDelete